- It’s called Master of the Universe.
- It was originally published on Fanfiction.net (aka where fanfiction goes to die).
- E.L. James’ pen name was Snowqueens Icedragon because of course it was.
- Snowqueens Icedragon does not use quotation marks.
- She does, however, make up expressions like "my very small inner goddess sways in a gentle victorious samba" and “I can almost hear his sphinx-like smile through the phone.”
- They spend more time filling out sex-related paperwork than they do actually having sex.
- This is my reaction to all of the sex scenes:
- Because the human body doesn’t work like that.
- This is my reaction to everything else:
- Because the english language doesn’t work like that.
The 50 Shades of Grey trailer just dropped, so here’s a link to the original Twilight fanfiction that the book is “based” off of, because if you’re gonna read the book before you see the movie you might as well read it in its original format.
I too am hating on 50 Shades of Grey, and the horrible horribleness that it is. I tried watching the trailer this morning and it somehow didn’t have any sound, which was probably for the better since it was hard to watch and that way I didn’t waste my time or my ears listening to its stupidity.
I must say this.
If I wrote a crappy-ass book such as 50SOG, and it turned into a worldwide “phenomenon” (as it seems to be called), and then a movie was made out of it, I’d be laughing all the way to the bank.
So good on E.L. James.
And shame on me for not writing a shitty book sooner.